Saturday, April 14, 2007

 

Palacio Taranco

The Palacio Taranco (Museo de Artes Decorativas) is an early twentieth century mansion near Plaza Zabala. The high ceilinged rooms (nearly 20 feet high) are full of ornate furniture and paintings from the period. Even the window latches are intricate. Unfortunately, they prohibit photography inside the building, but you can see a few photos on their website. The basement (accessible from an unmarked door in the entryway) has a collection of archaeological findings from Italy.

It makes a nice stop if you're walking from the Mercado del Puerto to the Peatonal Sarandí. Open Tuesday-Sunday afternoons. Free.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
I like very much what you're doing here on this blog. It is very interesting to see the vission of a foreigner about my country. I would like you tu continue on this 'trip', and keep posting terms of uruguayan culture.

I have recently create my own blog too. You may be interested in it. It talks about Murga, I know that you've already learned what that is. If you want, you can pass for my blog: www.murgauruguaya.blogspot.com

PS: Sorry for my english, bye.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?