Thursday, July 05, 2007

 

Colonia

We last visited Colonia in January and it was so hot we could hardly move. Today, the weather was much more pleasant. We went to five of the small museums (25 pesos buys a ticket good for all the museums; no photos allowed) and enjoyed lunch at a small restaurant called the Viejo Barrio with a charismatic waiter who wore 6 different wacky hats during our meal.






I liked the adaptive re-use of this 1930 Ford.









It's been converted into a tiny dining room.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Oh My God!!! I am a native Uruguayan living in California. I visited Uruguay with my girlfriend in February and had a great dinner in that Colonia restaurant with wacky-hat guy. We had a short chat with him and took some pictures. : )

I found your blog a while ago and have been following with interest. I think you've done a great job, and I'm glad that you got to spend some time getting to know our little country...

Cheers,

leo
 
Is this the waiter in question?
 
Colonia tambien me encanto a mi, estuve ahora en Julio/2007 con un frio que pelaba. El viaje de regreso despues de 38 aƱos fue muy emocionante apesar del frio y de no poder ir a la playa. A Colonia le hice unas cuantas fotitos tambien es muy bonita.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?